This is an online, self-paced class. You will have six (6) months from the time of purchase to complete the course. After you checkout, you will receive an email with directions on how to access the class.
The CompTIA Security+ course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to become an IT security professional. You will learn the skills to effectively identify risk and participate in risk mitigation activities, as well as provide infrastructure, application, operational and information security. The course is fully online and self-paced while preparing you to sit for the CompTIA Security+ Certification exam.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Implement OS hardening procedures
- Identify and secure common ports and protocols
- Identify IDS and IPS solutions for host and network defense
- Distinguish between discretionary, mandatory, rule-based and role-based access control implementations
- Identify common security protocols (SSH, SSL, IPSec)
- Recognize various types of environmental control solutions
This 60 hour time-on-task non-credit course is most appropriate if you have a background in IT network administration with a focus on security.
- Class times that fit your schedule
- Fully online and self-paced
- Lesson assessments to gauge comprehension and retention
- Course that prepares you to sit for the CompTIA Security+ Certification exam
- Award-winning instructional design
- Intuitive, understandable material
- Skills in demand in your area, now
- Better job opportunities or workplace advancement
There will be no refunds for any reason. All online classes and training materials are sold without any guarantee. Please read all classes descriptions to understand what each class includes and its appropriate application. By making a purchase, you are confirming that you have read and understood our no refunds policy on these products. For assistance with digital products, please email email@example.com.
Status of Credits
All online classes and training materials offered do not carry academic credit. While successful completion of courses will earn CEU credit and may help users prepare for certification exams, they cannot be applied to academic degree programs directly. It may be possible to recognize classes for academic credit, but no guarantees are made concerning this ability, amount of credit or additional costs. By making a purchase, you are confirming that you have read and understood our status of credits policy on these products. For assistance with digital products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, classes are not available to residents of Rhode Island.