This is an online, self-paced class. You will have six (6) months from the time of purchase to complete the course. After you checkout, you will receive an email with directions on how to access the class.
The Certified Professional Health Care Compliance Officer course is designed to provide you with the key requirements needed to effectively develop, implement, and monitor a health care compliance program for your practice. The course is online and self-paced, and is based on governmental regulatory guidelines. You will emerge from this course fully prepared to sit for the AAPC’s Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO™) certification exam.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of compliance program effectiveness techniques
- Demonstrate understanding of key health care fraud and abuse laws, including the False Claims Act, Stark Laws, and Anti-Kickback Statute, including the associated penalties
- Understand how the PPACA will affect medical practices
- Demonstrate knowledge of other laws and regulations, including HIPAA, EMTALA, and CLIA
- Demonstrate understanding of how to handle investigations, including self-disclosure protocols
- Demonstrate knowledge of requirements under Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs) and Certificate of Compliance Agreements (CCAs)
This 34 hour time-on-task, non-credit course is most appropriate if you are an experienced health care practitioner with one year of experience in health care compliance, or you are seeking more information about new health care compliance regulations.
There will be no refunds for any reason. All online classes and training materials are sold without any guarantee. Please read all classes descriptions to understand what each class includes and its appropriate application. By making a purchase, you are confirming that you have read and understood our no refunds policy on these products. For assistance with digital products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Status of Credits
All online classes and training materials offered do not carry academic credit. While successful completion of courses will earn CEU credit and may help users prepare for certification exams, they cannot be applied to academic degree programs directly. It may be possible to recognize classes for academic credit, but no guarantees are made concerning this ability, amount of credit or additional costs. By making a purchase, you are confirming that you have read and understood our status of credits policy on these products. For assistance with digital products, please email email@example.com.
Unfortunately, classes are not available to residents of Rhode Island.